SO, YOU’RE TELLING ME I WON’T GET MY MEDAL?
With shows now in full swing in some areas, the Society is receiving WPCS medal card results daily.
It is very disappointing and frustrating for both Owners and the Society that some of these medals will not be awarded to an animal as a result of one of the following issues.
- The owner is not a current fully paid up member of the Welsh Pony and Cob Society (you have 14 days from the date of the show to join)
- The animal is not currently recorded as being in the ownership of the Exhibitor (you have 14 days from the date of the show to complete the transfer – however – it is important to note in all cases that is a legal requirement to transfer the animal into your name within 30 days of its purchase)
- The leased animal does not have a current valid lease form lodged with the Society (you have 14 days from the date of the show to provide this).
- The animal was incorrectly entered at the show – not in the owner’s name – entered in the handler or producer’s name. (Sadly, post the show, nothing can be done about this – but you can ensure at future shows that it is entered correctly)
- Stallions four years old and over not in possession of a WPCS Stallion Licence or an acknowledged alternative prior to showing (Licence applications – both paperwork and hair samples lodged prior to the show, qualify)
SO HOW DO I KNOW IF MY ANIMAL HAS WON THE MEDAL?
Check the WPCS website https://wpcs.uk.com/judging-showing/results/
Champions and Reserve Champions are listed for each show as results are received. An asterisk * next to the name of the pony denotes that it qualifies for the medal. If there is no asterisk listed for the section, this indicates that there is an outstanding issue, and the medal will be passed to the reserve if it qualifies or carried forward if not rectified within 14 DAYS of the date of the show.
Owners will be given one month from the date of the show to raise any queries regarding the Medals of a show. After this timeframe, the results are final.