Conditions of entry
1. The competition is open to purebred Welsh geldings, A, B, C and D, (must be recorded as gelded ) not exceeding three years of age.
2. Owners need not be members of the Welsh Pony & Cob Society.
3. The competition will run from March 1st to September 30th 2015
4. Entry forms are available from the W.P.C.S. Office. There is no entry fee for the competition. On receipt of the entry form a Results Card will be sent to the competitor.
5. Result cards must be returned to the W.P.C.S. Office, no later than October 15th 2015
6. Result cards must be signed by the Judge of each class or the show secretary, if not, points will not be allocated. Additional cards can be obtained from the office.
7. Points that cannot be verified or are not clearly recorded will be disallowed. A competitor will be disqualified if the rules are not adhered to or false results are claimed.
8. Only fifteen shows (regardless of duration) are allowed and no more than three classes per show which must be either purebred Welsh in-hand classes or mixed Mountain and Moorland in-hand classes. (i.e. not plaited as Riding Pony/SHP/Sports Pony etc). If more shows are attended please cross out the shows that are not to be counted
9. In the event of a tie, the animal with the greater number of 1st placings will go up.
10. Any pony/cob sold during the competition year may have the points transferred to the new owner.
11. Please keep a photocopy of your Results Cards prior to mailing them to insure against loss in the post.
12. Competitors will be notified of the results by 15th November 2015. Awards will be given in each Section. It is hoped to gain financial sponsorship for each Section.
13. Points will be awarded as follows:
At shows not affiliated to the W.P.C.S or N.P.S. –
1st= 8 points
2nd= 6 points
3rd= 4 points
4th= 3 points
5th= 2 points
6th= 1 point
Gelding Champion: 6 points.
Gelding Reserve Champion: 4 points
Overall Section Champion: 8 points.
Overall Section Reserve Champion: 6 points
At affiliated W.P.C.S. or N.P.S. shows –
1st= 15 points
2nd= 12 points
3rd= 10 points
4th= 8 points
5th= 6 points
6th= 4 points
Gelding Champion: 12 points
Gelding Reserve Champion: 10 points
Overall Section Champion: 15 points
Overall Section Reserve Champion: 12 points.
Extra points can be added to the above points for:
Winning a Special Highest placed Gelding in the class rosette add 5 points
Receiving a Millcroft Gelding Champion rosette add 10 points
Receiving a Millcroft Gelding Reserve Champion rosette add 6 points
Champion Overall Gelding of the Year – add 20 points (not eligible for double points)
Reserve Champion Overall Gelding of the Year – add 10 points (not eligible for double points)
The Royal Welsh Show, The Scottish Horse Show and the National Welsh & Welsh Part-Bred Championships will command double points throughout.