Report from the WPCS Council Meeting held on the 6th February 2017
At the Council meeting on Monday the 6th of February 2017 the Society Accounts for 2016 received final approval and were sent immediately to the printers to be ready for the Spring Mailing. Also at the printers, an update was provided on the progress of the 2017 Journal which was reported to be on schedule to arrive at Bronaeron later that week.
In a packed agenda the trustees discussed:
· A proposal was made for a partnership with a Wales based clothing company to create a new range of clothing and ties and to be available from a new web shop, further information to follow
· It was agreed that the monies kindly donated by Her Majesty the Queen be used to fund phase two of the refurbishment of the Welsh Pony and Cob Society Pavilion and that a member of the royal family be invited to attend the official opening
· The recommendation from the Finance and HR Standing Committee to award funds from the 2017 Funding Budget to six applicants was approved
· The recommendations for the 2017 revenue and capital budgets were approved
· The role of Marketing Officer was approved for recruitment
· A review was carried out of the decision from May 2016 to suspend the placing of full Council minutes on the website. It was agreed to continue not posting the full minutes, continuing with the practise of “News from the Council” being posted in the minutes section of the website, and that members be reminded that copies of the full minutes are available from the office upon application.
· The awarding of silver medals to shows was placed under review and is to be included on the agenda of the forthcoming Area Association meeting on the 1st of April at The Double Tree Hilton, Swindon.
The Council also held a short meeting on Monday the 6th of March at the WPCS Pavilion, on the Royal Welsh show ground.
The next Council meeting will take place on Friday 31st of March 2017 at The Double Tree by Hilton, Swindon.
The annual meeting between the Council and the Area Associations will take place at 10.30am on Saturday 1st of April at The Double Tree by Hilton, Swindon.
The Annual General meeting of the Society will take place on Saturday 1st of April at 1pm at The Double Tree by Hilton, Swindon followed by a short Council meeting to agree Chair, Vice Chair and Chair of Finance and HR for 2017/18.
The Council will meet for its annual trustee induction and planning event on Monday 10th of April at Bronaeron.