Information for the 2017 Journal
30 October 2016 - Prizewinners' photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
30 October 2016 - Editorial, reports, articles, obituaries to email@example.com
30 October 2016 - All Stud/Business advertisements to WPCS Office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
30 October 2016 - Stallions at Stud Directory forms to WPCS Office or email to email@example.com
These dates will be strictly adhered to and no exception will be made for adverts which are late or which arrive in an incomplete form.
All advertisements should be sent to:
The Welsh Pony and Cob Society, Bronaeron, Felinfach, Lampeter, Ceredigion. SA48 8AG
Envelopes containing adverts should be marked WPCS Advert in the top left hand corner.
- All cheques should be made payable to THE WELSH PONY AND COB SOCIETY. If no fee is enclosed advertisements will not be accepted. This will be strictly adhered to.
- All advertisements must be supplied complete i.e. order form, payment, legible copy, all photographs enclosed and SAE. Digital images/ text should be sent via email or saved on a CD/DVD and submitted with the order form and copy.
- Full page adverts are 148mm (width) by 210mm (height), with a 4mm bleed.
- Half page adverts are 128mm by 90mm
- Quarter page adverts are 128mm by 43mm
- Proofs will be sent out for checking. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to check the proof returned and make any amendments. All proofs including those without amendments should be returned to the Society so that they can finalise your advert. Please note all pages will be numbered and this will mean that a page number will be added to your advertisement after proofing
Stallions at Stud
If a full page advert is placed in the Journal, individuals will receive one free Stallion at Stud entry by completing the enclosed form and returning it to the office. If you haven’t placed a full page advert, but wish to advertise your stallion at stud, please complete the Stallion at Stud form and send it together with the fee of £25.00 to the office at this address: The Welsh Pony and Cob Society, Bronaeron, Felinfach, Lampeter, Ceredigion. SA48 8AG
Good reproduction in the Journal requires high quality originals
Inkjet prints will not be accepted as they are of insufficient quality
Photographs may be supplied electronically but for the prizewinner section a hard copy is also required as the selection committee will select from paper copy in the first instance
Digital photographs must be scanned to ahigh resolution of a minimum 300dpi and saved as jpeg. Photographs submitted for consideration for the prizewinners section should have attached the name and registration of the animal along with the name of its sire and dam and their respective registration numbers.
Submissions of ponies and cobs qualified for the Horse of the Year Show in all disciplines should also indicate details of their qualification
All professionally taken photographs have to be supported with an authorisation for publication from the photographer. Most photographers give the Journal permission to print in the editorial section without an additional fee but where a photograph is also being used in an advertisement a fee may be incurred. Please check before placing yourself in an embarrassing and potentially expensive position over breach of copyright
All photographs must be creditedto the photographer in question and that also includes non-professional photographs
All photographs will be returned ifa stamped addressed envelope is provided
Contributions for the Journal
Before submitting any articles please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Society’s template
- Articles and photographsare welcomed from individuals, associations, overseas societies and any other relevant organisations
ArticlesMUST be sent in WORD format and forwarded by email to email@example.com or sent on disc. Photographs can be sent as hard copies, emailed or sent on CD/DVD
Archive materialis particularly sought; considerable interest has been generated in the past through the publication of photographs of ponies, cobs, people and special events of yesteryear. All material will be scanned and returned
Achievementsof Welsh ponies and cobs against other breeds should be recorded in the Journal. If your pony or cob has competed successfully against them let us hear about it.
The Young Persons Section is developing well in the Journal but there is still plenty of space for interesting articles and photographs
Interesting articleson the lives of those involved with the Welsh breed are always eagerly sought. The same is true for ponies and cobs
All submitted content is subject to editorial control and final decision by the Editor
All submitted content to comply with Society policies and procedures, for example Social Media and Data Protection.
Any materials submitted after the publicised deadlines will only be used at the Editor’s discretion